Regional Committee 62 adopts Road map on Human Resources for Health
- Strengthening health workforce leadership and governance capacity;
- Establishing or Strengthening HRH regulatory capacity;
- Scaling up education and training of health workers with appropriate skills mix;
- Optimizing the utilization, retention and performance of the active health workforce;
- Improving health workforce information and generation of evidence for decision making
- Strengthening health workforce dialogue and partnership.
36 countries in the African Region have a health human resources crisis and 10 of these face critical shortages. This acute shortage of skilled health works means that most countries are unable to avail appropriately skilled health workers in the right quantity where they are needed.
28-30 May 2012 in Addis Ababa
31 May-2 June 2012; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Materials provided in this website are provided "as is". The findings and interpretations included
in the Materials are those of the authors and not necessarily of The WHO/AFRO or its Members States